Welcome address- Mr. Joel Karubiu, CEO Kenya
Network Information Centre.
Welcome address- Mr. Geoffrey Shimanyula, Board
Welcome address-Mr. Matano Ndaro, Director Licensing Compliance and Standards, Communications Authority of Kenya
Key note Speech :- Ms. Maureen Mbaka, CAS ICT & BT Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs.
High level Panel Discussion:
Topic: State of the ICT Industry in Kenya.
1. Ms. Maureen Mbaka, Ministry of ICT, Innovation
and Youth Affairs.
2. Mr. Matano Ndaro, Director Licensing Compliance and Standards, Communications Authority of Kenya
3. Geoffrey Shimanyula, Board Chair KeNIC
4. Bob Ochieng, Snr. Manager: Global Stakeholder
Engagement Eastern and Southern Africa
5. Dr. Katherine Getao, Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Muriuki Mureithi Executive Fellow, Strathmore
University Business School, CEO Summit Strategies ltd
Topic: How Registries are adopting to Emerging trends.
1. KeNIC (.Ke); Mr. Joel Karubiu, CEO
Kenya Network Information Centre.
2. ZACR (.za); Mr. Lucky Masilela
3. NIRA: (.ng); Ms. Edith Udeagu
4. Europe (.Eu); Mr. Giovanni Seppia
Barrack Otieno, Chairman board of Trustees at Dot
Topic: Emerging Trends in the DNS Industry & the wider
1. Eng. Daniel Obam, Chairman,
Radiocommunication Advisory Group (RAG) at
International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
2. Ms. Linda Bonyo CEO | Lawyers Hub (Tech for
Justice) & Africa Law Tech
3. Mr Moses Kemibaro. Founder Dotsavvy,
4. Mr Kimathi Kamundeh, CEO & Founder Global
Bob Ochieng’, Snr. Manager: Global Stakeholder
Engagement Eastern and Southern Africa, ICANN.
Closing Remarks: Dr. John Tarus, President,
Internet Society, Kenya Chapter.
Topic: The future of the DNS Eco system in Kenya:
1. Ms Rosemary Koech Kimwatu_ Public Policy
2. Mr. Joseph Nzano Ag. AD/CSE -
Communication Authority of Kenya.
3. Mr. Michuki Mwangi Senior Director –
Ms Grace Githaiga, Convener, KICTANet, Host and
Moderator - Take on Tech, Weekly TV Talk show at
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), Information
and Communication Global Advisor, C-Suite
Transformational Impact Leadership.
Closing remarks: Mr John Walubengo, ICT Lecturer,
Multimedia University of Kenya; Consulting Data
Protection Officer (DPO) at Ajua; Trustee of KictaNET
Mr. Joel Karubiu- CEO, Kenya Network Information